Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home Made Hanging Laundry Bags

Anybody who knows me knows the following about me and laundry:

1.) I always have A LOT to do (because I launder all of our donations before actually donating... logic behind that is that if somebody needs our clothing donations, there is a higher chance that they may not have access to their own washer and dryer).

2.) I downright do not like any part of laundry.  And I can let it pile up pretty easily if I don't make a conscious effort to do laundry multiple times per week.

Recently I was on BHG.com (Better Homes and Gardens) and saw the most brilliant idea.  home made hanging laundry bags.  I have since put one in each kids' room, one in the linen closet for our dry cleaning, and one in the kids' bathroom for wash cloths and towels.

So here are the easy instructions... and a couple pictures to follow!!

Materials:  King sized pillow cases (I found mine at Target. 2 packs for $12.99), 12" Cross Stitch Hoops (I found mine at Michael's for $1.69 each), and ribbon.  If you get the 2 packs of pillow cases at Target, they'll come in a scrunch bag... you can use the string from the scrunch bag but since it only comes with one, you'll need a ribbon if you're making any more.

Instructions: Loop the opening of the pillow case into and around the rim of the inside hoop and cover with the outside hoop.  Tighten the hoop with the metal screw and tie the ribbon around the screw.  I tied the ribbon around a hanger for 3 of the 4 and around the towel hook for the bathroom one.

Enjoy!!!

One of the kids' closets (they're both the same).

Dry Cleaning Bag in Upstairs Hall Linen Closet

Laundry bag for towels for Children's Bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment